[Scribus] CMYK - one last try

Owen rcook
Mon Dec 6 21:06:49 CET 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:53:58 +1030
David Purton <dcpurton at chariot.net.au> wrote:

> > I think if I was to give a printer a pdf, I would give him the one
> > from Scribus
> >
> > If I had to produce my own separations, I woulld be happy with Scribus
> > output.
> >

> You mean the "Print Separations" from Scribus? Did you get one black
> square on each plate?
>
> I would certainly be happy with these results, but you may not be if you
> are expecting the output to look like what you see on your screen in
> Scribus. If you sent those separations to a printer, I know from
> experience you would get something like the output you see in acroread
> of the ps2pdf created pdf.

I have bundled up a scribus document with 4 images,
Your original eps
ImageMagick's tif
Gimp's tif
Gimp's png

http://www.pcug.org.au/~rcook/cmyk.tar.gz   (15284 bytes)

If I go to the print preview (view cmyk and I am using cvs 3 Dec), I get perfect separations for all images though the eps now shows a part black border, mind you that black is perfectly separated

After reading the gimp mailing list for a few years, but not from any practical experience, I tend to switch off with tif formats. The big tif below is made from the Gimp, eps->tif and the smaller one is the ImageMagick version

256 -rw-r--r--  1 owen owen 256100 Dec  7 06:07 CMYK_G.tif
180 -rw-r--r--  1 owen owen 176980 Dec  6 18:39 CMYK.tif

--

Owen