[Scribus] First project.

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun Dec 5 15:07:17 CET 2004

? (At) 20h41 -0500 4/12/04, John Culleton ?crivait (wrote) :
>Well I finished my first cover. Looks OK in Acrobat Reader but in xpdf and
>kpdf some of the fonts disappear. All the fonts are embedded. Some are
>Truetype and some Type 1. I have about six layers.

Hi John,

A similar issue has been very recently discussed on the list so you
might want to take a look back at the archives.

>In Gimp I can flatten the layers into one. Can this be done in Scribus?

AFAIK, no. ;-)

>Another question. I want to add a little extra leading to a bulleted list. I
>tried to set a paragraph style but the font increased in size. Any hints
>here? Is a style the way to go?

You definitely want to use the stylesheets for that purpose. There is
no other way, afaik.
What you're looking for is in the Edit>Paragraph Style dialog.
"Above" and "Below" are the fields that'll help you achieve this.

HTH

Louis