[Scribus] No access to CVS possible ?!?!

Owen Cook rcook
Sat Dec 4 06:01:45 CET 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

>  since days (weeks?) I no longer have a access to the Scribus CVS.
>
>  On http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/download.html the instructions
>  say:
>
>  Daily updated CVS:
>  Only recommended for those who want to stay on the bleeding edge.
>
>     Instructions for getting stuff via cvs
>     export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/cvs
>
>     cvs login
>
>     when it asks for a password, press return
>
>     cvs -z3 co Scribus
>

>  When I did this I get
>
>    Script started on Sat Dec  4 05:22:38 2004
>    [SCR2/] :export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:/cvs
>    [SCR2/] :cvs login
>    Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk:2401/cvs
>    CVS password:
>    [SCR2/] :cvs -z3 co Scribus
>    Fatal error, aborting.
>    anoncvs: no such system user
>    [SCR2/] :exit

You should have read the last few messages in the mailing list, here is
the answer from Craig

Wait until we announce it is up and running, meanwhile, follow Peter's
instructions he posted earlier today and use this tarball instead:

http://www.scribus.org.uk/downloads/snaps/scribus-1.2.1cvs.tar.bz2

Owen