[Scribus] Hyphenator and python plugin

s20031701 at tuks.co.za s20031701
Mon Aug 30 13:32:34 CEST 2004

Hi,

Firstly I want to congratulate you on 1.2 it looks good and runs smoothly. Its
really impressive to see you keep up the development pace.

I want to know how I can get a hyphenator running? I have a latex hyphenator
(and I dont know how to get it to work in latex), I also dont know how to make
it work in scribus. It is working under OpenOffice.

The file looks like this:
\patterns{%
aange5d
aard5a
aart4
.
.
.
}
What do I do with it and where do I put it?

Is it possible to put a basic python script on the web (I have looked on the
website but I cant find a nice example)? Maybe something that creates a linked
text box and a picture and manipulates the font and scaling. That way new people
waste no time getting started (learn by example).

Thanks,
Kobus

P.S. The idea of text fitting is good. Maybe having a range system (font size
10.7-11.3 and linespacing 12-13 ) and when you hit a button it try's to fit the
text in the window.