[Scribus] blank entry in combo box ?

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Aug 28 12:27:55 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 17:58, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:

> Unfortunately, no. I cannot find a core dump file anywhere. The program
> simply ceases to be functioning. Performing a ps -ax command following a
> crash does not reveal a Scribus instance on the system.

By default, many distros are configured so that programs running as
normal users do not create core dumps.

For example, on a default Debian 3.0 (woody) user account ulimit
reports:

craig at access$ ulimit -a | head -1
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0

If your distro also prevents core dumps by default, I recommend you run
Scribus from a terminal:

$ ulimit -c 1000000000
$ scribus

and see if you can get a useful core file that way.

--
Craig Ringer