[Scribus] Compiling 1.2 RC1 under Suse 9.0???

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Aug 26 03:04:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 08:17, Thomas Zastrow wrote:

> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!

My first guess is that you don't have the devel packages for qt
installed on SuSE, as 9.0 should surely have a version of qt greater
than 3.0.2 . So first, try installing any devel packages for qt, unset
QTDIR and try again.

If that's not successful, you'll need to try building against your
updated qt. First, in your QTDIR check to make sure that libqt-mt.so
exists. If it does not, then I'd say there's a problem with your qt
install. (Tip: KDE's Konstruct makes it easy to install qt, and is quite
able to just install qt without all of KDE if that's what you want).

If you can find libqt-mt.so, try exporting the following environment
variables as well:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${QTDIR}/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
LIBRARY_PATH=${QTDIR}/lib:${LIBRARY_PATH}
CPATH=${QTDIR}/include:${CPATH}

for info on what all these do, see "info gcc" -> "Invoking GCC" ->
"Envrionment Variables".

Also set:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${QTDIR}/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
(just in case)

then try again.

--
Craig Ringer