[Scribus] can't paste text into text box

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Aug 26 02:06:14 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 02:44, Penelope Spencer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using version 1.2cvs and have started having a problem with
> pasting text into text boxes. If I copy some text from another
> application it just doesn't recognise that I have anything to paste
> when I get back into scribus, even if I use the story editor. Has
> anyone else had the same problem or have any advice?

I've had this issue with pasting text from Acrobat Reader, but haven't
had time to properly investigate yet.

Try selecting the text in the source application then middle-clicking to
paste in Scribus, instead of using CTL-C and CTL-V . This sometimes
works more reliably.

Also try to paste into another app like kwrite and see if that works.
That, and the source application, would be very useful to know.

--
Craig Ringer