[Scribus] High quality export

Elmar Jobs infonews
Mon Aug 23 22:23:56 CEST 2004

For everybody who cares how to produce high quality TIFF for prepress
from Scribus:

To summarize: Scribus cannot export JPEG/PNG/BMP/... with more than
approx 100 dpi true resolution - at least it seems so. But some print
shop like to get a CYMK-TIFF to get reliable output (I would prefer
PDF/X-3, but anyhow).

scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de schrieb:
 > Re: [Scribus] High quality export
 > Von: Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>
 > Datum: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:05:32 +0800
 >
 > On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 19:29, Elmar Jobs wrote:
 >>Is it possible to export in high quality? How?
 >
 > If you have Adobe Photoshop to hand, you could always use it to
 > rasterise the EPS and save a TIFF. Simply open the PDF in Photoshop
 >
 > Unfortunately, I've never got satisfactory results from using
 > GhostScript to rasterise PDFs to TIFF (though oddly, the JPEG output
 > seems a fair bit better).

I had the same problems using Ghostscript. Errors or bad quality.

But there is another way on Linux:

1. Produce your layout with Scribus
2. Export page by page to EPS
3. Open EPS with Gimp, give resolution and size, strong antialias seems
to be best
4. Separate with the Separation-Plugin (sorry, I have no URL for that at
hand, try the plugin-registry at gimp.org).
5. Save separated pic as TIFF

I don't have to prints so far - but I hope it worked like I seemed.

Bye

	Elmar