[Scribus] Text from database

Wayne Maeda iw
Sat Aug 21 03:32:57 CEST 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 03:23 pm, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Wayne Maeda wrote:

> >>In Scribus, carriage returns seem to be Ctrl-E -- that's what emacs
> >>shows me.
> >>
> >>Greg
> >
> >How does one enter a Ctrl-E in Scribus' search and replace function? I
> > press the control key and the capital "E" and nothing gets entered in the
> > box.
>
> So where is the text you're trying to edit? In a text frame?  Have you
> tried just using Story Editor?
> What does CR look like in the imported file?

My text is in a text frame. I tried the story editor but it does not have a
search and replace function. There is no CR representation in the file. Same
as if you typed in the text by hand and hit CR. There is no character
representing the CR in the text (I can't see any). But I know it's there
because I just entered it (return key).

Wayne