[Scribus] Text from database

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Aug 20 04:29:43 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>> From its own perspective, Scribus may turn out to be quite the killer app.
>>

>And you question this? :=)

Well, the reason I say this has more to do with than just Wayne's
question.  I find that time and time again, I am seeing that Scribus
ends up being a better/preferred way of doing things....something as
mundane as printing an envelope.  I have never figured out how to set up
OOffice to successfully print envelopes; I have no idea if AbiWord can
do it.  But I do have a series of templates in Scribus for the different
printers I use to just jump in, use Story Editor to edit the address,
and I'm done.

As soon as you want to add an image to an OOffice, Word, or Wordperfect
file, you are in a zone where Scribus excels, and the others are puny.
If you want to add a text frame or an image to something already printed
on a page, Scribus gives you the precision to put it and size it exactly
like you want.

Greg