[Scribus] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Linux Format UK Article

Alan Horkan horkana
Mon Aug 16 17:23:38 CEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Plinnell wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:37:42 +0100
> From: Plinnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com>
> To: inkscape-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de,
>      inkscape-user at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Inkscape-devel] Linux Format UK Article
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to let you know the Sept issue Linux Format UK has published a very
> nice review of Linux drawing applications, as well as a short tutorial for
> both Inkscape and Scribus.

We discussed it already in quite a bit of detail on the Inkscape developer
list.  (Inkscape also appeared much more briefly in issues 55).

> Inkscape 0.38 got 8/10 overall and tied with OO draw to top honors.

> concept of a full-spec graphics suite to Linux....The crucial omissions are
> support for PDF and EPS formats, though getting around this is not too
> onerous with a little help from Scribus."

if some one had time to evaluate the gnome-print support that we carried
over from Sodipodi and make sure it works properly that would provide us
with another way to generate PDF but it is unlikely to be as good as what
Scribus produces.

- Alan