[Scribus] Problem with printing images

fredd effediwhy
Mon Aug 9 12:37:43 CEST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:58:29 +0200, Timo Springmann
<t.springmann at linet-services.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've used scribus for quite some time now and I'm really satisfied with it.
> But now I have a problem with printing some images. None of the images I
> attached to this mail get printed when I put them in a scribus document.
>
> I'm wondering if this is a bug or a "feature". If there's something wrong with
> these images, I would like to know how to correct this...
>
> This happens with cvs versions from 2004/07/31 and 2004/08/05. I'm using the
> debian packages from http://128.210.147.127/pub/scribus.

I have the same problem here while trying to print your pictures.
I made some more tests and it looks like all color png and gif
pictures got the same problem (I can print jpg and b&w png).
However, when printing using Postscript Level 2 instead of default
Level 3 (in advanced options), all the pictures print ok here.

Until a more clean solution exists, you can export your document to
PDF and print it using Acrobat Reader, it works perfectly, with, IMHO,
a better anti-aliasing.