[Scribus] script to create cd cover using cddb

fredd effediwhy
Thu Aug 5 16:45:38 CEST 2004

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:15:26 +0200, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 15:37, fredd wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've written a small script to create a cd cover template using cddb :
> > just put an audio cd in your drive, run the script and you'll (or at
> > least should :) get a template, with the songs titles written on the
> > back.
> > You can find it here :
> > http://fdubuy.free.fr/scribus/cddb_cover.py
>
> As a note, you will need the cddb-py package.
> http://cddb-py.sourceforge.net/ is its homepage. Gentoo users, emerge
> cddb-py.
debian users : apt-get install python-cddb

>Theres an issue in CVS that means current users of CVS cant run
> this. Check out CVS from 2 days ago like so:
> cvs -z3 co -D 20040803 Scribus

To be more precise : it can work with last cvs version, but you MUST
have a document already open before running the script.

> Fred.. works wonderfully :) nice job. Cant wait for multiple CDDB entry
> support :)

Not for now, but I just put online a new version with the possibility
to choose to add or not track numbers and duration.