[Scribus] Mail merge?

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Aug 2 09:27:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 08:16, Susan Hogarth wrote:
> Is there any possibility of a 'mail merge' feature to be added to Scribus? For
> instance, I want to be able to address each copy of a newsletter to
> individual subscribers without resorting to a labeling machine. Any chance of
> that?

That sounds like it could be an ideal job for the Python interface ;-)

I'm at work right now, so I can't check - does current CVS have a PDF
export function for Python? If so, you could pull info from a database,
and for each DB row delete and re-create the address elements on the
page (or replace their contents) then output a PDF.

Of course, if you're not familiar with Python this might be a bit of an
ask, and it does depend on the PDF export functionality that was
discussed a while ago having made it in.

--
Craig Ringer