[Scribus] Open Clip Art Project - Online Meeting

Terry Hancock hancock
Fri Apr 30 19:15:37 CEST 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 07:53 am, Peter Linnell wrote:
> The new Open Clipart Project is hosting an on-line IRC meeting this
> coming Monday night to discuss the project goals and idea. Anyone
> interested is welcome to join in.
>
> More details are here: http://freedesktop.org/Software/FirstMeeting
>
> I would encourage any Scribus users who are interested to participate.
> This is a worthy project which will directly benefit Scribus, along with
> other drawing and image applications.

I would suggest also contacting the Sketch/Skencil user mailing list.
Not only are there already a few small collections of vector clipart that
they can point you to (if not already in SVG, they can probably be
converted pretty easily with Sketch which has SVG export support), but
there are a number of regular posters who do free clipart. That's "Free",
not "free", for the most part.

I'm sure there are other groups who would be interested as well.

I don't do IRC.  But I might be willing to contribute some work, if
you can identify your needs.

I already have a collection of vector art intended to be used for
graphic emoticons on forums and various kinds of buttons, etc.  I
suppose you're looking for more "business" oriented art?

I have also spent some time finding public-domain art on the web, which
is mostly in bitmap form, of course.

Cheers,
Terry