[Scribus] News from the Scribus World

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Apr 28 15:16:54 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Since 1.1.6 was released, we have begun the long and winding road to
Scribus 1.2.

Some updates:

Last night's CVS release, contains new code to speed up image rendering.
It *is* noticeably faster. Anyone using CVS, is encouraged to update and
test.

There is a Roadmap document for 1.2 and 1.3+ which has been posted to
www.scribus.net  Those who who might be interested in tackling some of
these tasks are invited to join in.

Slashdot visited again, based on a review of 1.1.6 from madpenguin.com.
This led another discussion on dot.kde.org here:
http://dot.kde.org/1083054064/ as well as stories on newsforge.com and
others.

In related news, the Inkscape team marches towards their next release.
The current cvs version has a new feature called the "clone tool". It
harder to describe, than to use, but it is an innovative way of editing.

Also, there is a new project being launched called "Open Clipart. I have
posted a story on the front of www.scribus.net with details. Scribus
users are encouraged to support this new endeavor.

Cheers,
Peter