[Scribus] Scribus and wide format printing

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Fri Apr 23 15:12:15 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 22:39, wetzels wrote:
> I like Scribus very much, but can't sell my wife who is really into
> scrapbooking because I can't print to an Epson 1280 that supports 12x12
> pages while in Scribus.

interesting. we were just discussing this on IRC last night. here's my
solution+hack for the moment.

create a scribus document that is in width and height, equal to the
total width and height of your 12x12 pages.

use guidelines to mark the page borders, margins, and other aspects.

author your document, and then finally issue the print command from
scribus.

i dunno the availability and feature-set of epson 1280 drivers for cups.
my experience shows, if its not available, you just need some patience,
and to notify people on the cups mailing list. soon, you'll find
support.

assuming for the moment you do NOT have any CUPS support [to even print
to the epson] your large-sized document.

save your scribus file as a pdf and/or an eps [tip 'o the hat to brian
for this] and squirt the file(s) across to a windoze or mac pc that can
transmit the file to the epson for outputting.

happy authoring *in* scribus, irrespective of which final outputting
workflow you adopt.

hth

:-)
LL