[Scribus] Cursor and text selection

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Apr 13 19:38:18 CEST 2004

Hello!

The overall feeling of Scribus 1.1.6 is a much more achieved program than was 1.1.2. There are plenty of features (new and enhanced) that makes the program, in my view, outstanding and well worth the detour... and stay!

There is one thing though I find hard to work with (even after a whole week-end working with Scribus). Text selection is somewhat difficult. The cursor doesn't seem to react in an absolute manner to the user will. When clicking on a line, you find the cursor the line below or above. Selecting text is not easy. As this happens both on my Mac and on my Linux station, I think it is not platform related.

Before documenting as a bug, I would like to know what you think about that. It is hardly possible this has gone unnoticed. I know it is a very good way to get people to have good working habits, forcing users to make an extensive use of stylesheet... And I know that the Text Editor exists especially for that. But not all tasks can be achieved through the Text Editor. So, I think that this area needs improvement!

Thank you!

Louis
--

MARDIGRAFE INC.