[Scribus] enhancement suggestion

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Apr 11 21:58:20 CEST 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 16:08, linuxlingam wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 19:56, Scot Blades wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to see a 150% available under View.  200% is so large that I
>>>must scroll horizontally.  Actual size is too small, since I've set type
>>>sizes for optimal printed output.
>>>
>>>Thank you all for the great work on this program.
>>>Scot
>>
>>at the extreme bottom left of the scribus screen you will see a little
>>hill, and a bigger hill, for zoom out and zoom in. to the left of these,
>>you have a view factor in percentage. i click inside this field, and
>>type the exact zoom-factor i need, such as 148% or whatever.
>>

>>would be real nice if this field though, had a pop-up list of preset
>>zoom factors as well, rather than just having users to click on the up
>>and down arrows to increment/decrement by 1%.
>

> It used to be like that but was changed after many requests for more
> flexibility.....
>
> Craig

One thing to realize is that whatever the "base" magnification is set
at, clicking up and down on the icons to the right doubles or halves
whatever that base is -- so just set the base to 75% (or 60 or whatever
you want - type it in, don't use the arrows), and then you can easily
click to 37.5%, 150%, 300%....

Greg Pittman