[Scribus] PageMaker 4.0

linuxlingam linuxlingam
Sat Apr 10 09:08:43 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 03:44, Greg Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I am a new subscriber and am looking at 'scribus'.  I could not
> determine if scribus had an import filter for PageMaker 4.0 files.  If
> scribus does not import PageMaker files can anyone point me in the right
> direction.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Greg Ennis

craig mentions it does not. however, here are some workarounds:

1) export text from pgmaker files as text-only to place in scribus.
2) save pagemaker files as eps, or as PDF files and import these into
scribus.

you can read thru the pdf capabilities and support within scribus to get
an idea.

you could also export pdfs from scribus, merge these with the pdfs from
pagemaker, to create a 'hybrid' document where different pages in the
pdf come from different pdf-authoring software, such as pgmkr, scribus,
etc.

hth

:-)
LL