[Scribus] Fonts?

Martin Costabel costabel
Thu Apr 8 20:18:16 CEST 2004

Patrick Perroud wrote:
[]
> So far - the only other fonts I can use with Scribus on MacOS X were
> installed by a fink package named xfonts-intl - I think.

 From "fink info scribus":

  Fonts: By default, the X11 Type1 fonts are recognized. If you
   want more fonts, you can do one or more of the following:
   - Install the x-ghostscript-fonts or msttcorefonts or xfonts-intl
     or applesystemfont packages.
     (The gimp-sharefonts and similar packages work, too,
     but these fonts are of rather bad quality)
   - Put lines like
       /Library/Fonts
       /System/Library/Fonts
     into your ~/.scribus/scribusfont.rc file (create it if it doesn't
exist)
     This will give you many (not all) of the Apple system fonts.
     If you use FontBook to create your own collections, put also
       ~/Library/Fonts
     into this file.
    Not all font types are working: OpenType and Resource Fork TrueType
    don't work, but the latter can be converted using fondu.

In particular the applesystemfonts package brings you a large number of
fonts, *all* of those in /System/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts, plus
those of ~/Library/Fonts that are in ttf or dfonts format.

--
Martin