[Scribus] Decorationless windows upon Scribus startup

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Apr 4 18:40:39 CEST 2004

Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> I forgot to copy the group on my reply to Martin:
>
> I am running quartz-wm and Apple's X11 (beta 3) - XFree86 4.2.1.

Carol,

I finally got around to installing a system like yours, and I am seeing
the problem now, too. OTOH, if I install and run a different window
manager, for example blackbox, the problem goes away. The extra windows
show up for some milliseconds and then disappear again. So it seems
clear that this is a bug in Apple's quartz-wm window manager, and since
it is a beta version, you can't really complain. On Panther, quartz-wm
doesn't have this bug.

--
Martin