[Scribus] Working with Scribus when Gimp is still open ?

Subash nsjeyan
Thu Apr 1 18:08:35 CEST 2004

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:24:22 +0200,
Sebastian R?der <seppelrockt at web.de> wrote:

> When I choose "edit picture" from the right mouse button content
> menue, Gimp opens the picture (great). But if I change something on it
> and save the picture, I can not laod the picture in Scribus again to
> see the result until I closed Gimp. In my opinion this behaviour is
> not very comfortable and if possible, I`d like to have it changed. It
> would be great, if Gimp is only started ones and can remain open, so
> that for every new picture just a new window in gimp is opened (as
> gimp normaly does) - so I save some time, because gimp doesn`t have to
> start up again for every picture.
>
> Would do the list members think about that?

true, it is a little inconvenient. after you call gimp from scribus,
edit the picture and close the picture, scribus doesn't accept any input
until gimp itself is closed. it would be a lot more convenient if gimp
can remain in the background and open new images from scribus in new
windows. that is, of course, purely from a user's point of view. :)
wouldn't know how tough or easy it would be to make it work like that.

regards, subash.