[Scribus] RE: Scribus and Imposition

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Apr 1 13:44:10 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 13:30, linuxlingam wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 05:10, Craig Bradney wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > It would also, in many ways, be good if some more people (who can code)
> > submitted patches to solve some of the current bugs and features
> > requested on the bug tracker now, rather than advancing down the track
> > of a massive new plugin. Right now though, its more a matter of
> > stabilisation.
>
> yup!
>
> > We dont want to introduce major new features that will
> > compromise stability. 1.2 will be a polished, stable program to replace
> > all the old 1.0 installations out there.
> >

> i completely agree on this. have just started to use scribus for a
> 'realworld' simulation and it is broken or has bugs or lacks essential
> features in so many places, that for a minute i really felt quite
> discouraged to use it. this after having mentally prepared myself to
> pretend i'm using old workflows and limited features, as if i'm using
> pagemaker 3 on a macSE, or quark 2.x. am posting these reports on the
> bugtracker.

While there are plenty of missing features, I think your summary is
pretty average to be honest. Ok, its missing some printers features and
many more but for a lot of people it handles a good deal of whats
required and does it well.

Many people, including myself, have been able to move away from the
likes of ID/Quark and hence dump Windows completely just because of
Scribus.

Craig