[Scribus] make error compiling cvs

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Apr 1 11:29:20 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:09, Servant wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 5:05 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi Bruce
> >
> > > Craig adviced to update via cvs to version 1.1.6  I've
> > > downloaded and followed the instructions on the website.
> > > $ make -f Makefile.dist   (okay)
> > > ./configure    (okay)
> > > but make produced the following error ->
> > > page.cpp: In member function `void Page::LoadPict(QString, int)':
> > > page.cpp:8599: `unlink' undeclared (first use this function)
> > > page.cpp:8599: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
> > >    function it appears in.)
> > > make[3]: *** [page.o] Error 1
> > > make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mingdao/.scribus/Scribus/scribus'
> > > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mingdao/.scribus/Scribus/scribus'
> > > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mingdao/.scribus/Scribus'
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.  I have no idea how to proceed.
> >
> > From your further emails, it looks like you got it compiled. There
> > should be no problem with unlink() as unistd.h is in page.cpp. Some
> > systems get this error and most dont. Perhaps theres an issue with path
> > resolution or similar although unistd.h has obviously had unlink()
> > declared in there for a long time.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Craig,
>
> Thanks.  Yesterday's cvs compiled okay.  Can you look at
> my last post?  Strange behavior.  It seems that as I hit the
> tab key in a text cell it's running the doc to top of pg1

I think I found the problem.. when you press tab it jumps to the page
selector incorrectly. I guess you might then be pressing space which is
pressing the first button which jumps to the beginning of the document.
I've submitted a bug for it (395). If you use the Story Editor, you will
be ok, just be warned about Story Editor removing formatting that is not
related to styles (at this point in time).

Craig