[Scribus] RE: Scribus and Imposition

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Thu Apr 1 01:26:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 01 April 2004 12:15 am, linuxlingam wrote:

> so, we do need to do careful research and understand the domain expertly
> to create an imposition tool.there are quite a lot of issues to deal
> with, when it comes to imposition.

Indeed.  An enumeration of what these issue are would be a very useful start!

As I suggested, though, we don't have to create an all-singing, all-dancing
solution immediately - as long as we understand what will be needed
ultimately, it can be borne in mind while we work on the simpler
capabilities, and build on those to create a more complete solution.

BTW - not having used either, can you explain where presswise and trapwise
were deficient?  (Nothing like learning from others' mistakes :))

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

You know what bugs me? People who smoke cigars in restaurants. That's why I
always carry a water pistol filled with gasoline.  --  Paul Provenza