[Scribus] Page Orientation Problem in booklet generation

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Mon Sep 22 19:41:47 CEST 2003

Thanks, Peter, for a very detailed response.  It's not exactly what I
wanted to hear :~(
but I think I can make it work.  I had my suspicions about ps2pdf
from looking at
all the command line options and the comments in the scribus
documentation about
the quailty of Scribus' PDF export capabilities.

I will be taking it to a kinko's-like copy shop for the final
printing.  Their preference
is a PDF file set up so that printing it duplex and folding it in
half creates a properly ordered
booket.  I will give the export pages as PDFs then import into a new
document with the correct
imposition.  I am all too familiar with the correct imposition as the
last two programs I designed
(in Word) were arranged that way from the start.  I had not noticed
your rule of thumb of page
numbers adding up to N+1 for each full page.   That is useful to know.
It has been so much nicer to see the booklet on the screen as it will
be in print this time around.

A Python script will have to wait.  This project is due Friday and
it's been hard enough learning
DTP and scribus in a short time without throwing another language on
top of it :~)