[Scribus] Testing hyphenation files

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sun Sep 21 21:54:07 CEST 2003

Hi list,
what is the best way to test different hyphenation pattern files with
scribus? I'm going to find out, if the current hyph_pl.dic  (which I
provided a few weeks ago) is really the best one of the 3 or 4 Polish
hyphenation pattern files available out there. Do I need to *recompile*
scribus after replacing hyph_pl.dic in the installation directory or is
it simply a matter of replacing the hyphenation file in (in my case)
*/usr/local/lib/scribus/dicts*?

Another two questions to working with hyphenation:
- Is it possible to hyphenate selected words or texts as well, not only
entire text frames?
- Feature request: would it be possible to store once manually
hyphenated words as an additional hyphenation file  in user's home
directory?

best regards
Maciej