[Scribus] Artefacts & Color mismatch problems in 1.1

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Sep 16 15:34:42 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 09:18, Wolfgang Rumpf wrote:
> Just installed 1.1 using fink on OS X - the rendering is definitely
> better in this one!  But a few problems; don't know if they are Mac
> specific or not:
>

> 1.  Artefacts - existing documents made in 1.0.1 may have
> unselectable, non-printing and non exporting (to PDF) visual
> artefacts; e.g. looks like frames or lines where  know I didn't put
> any, and I cannot select/remove them.  But they don't print or
> export...
>

> screenshot:
> http://homepage.mac.com/evildrbob/.cv/evildrbob/Public/artefact.pdf-binhex.hqx

The way to find small objects which might be hidden is to use the
outline tool and select each object, as small red frame should appear on
the screen.

> (the right-hand column has what appears to be a partial frame
> within/overlapping the text - this doesn't print and isn't selectable)
>

> 2.  Colors - text colors aren't always WYSIWYG; images may be washed
> with blue - e.g. black text looks fine on screen and printed/exported
> to PDF, but setting text color to blue makes the text appear green on
> screen although it prints/exports as blue.  Images are blue/white
> washed on screen but also print/export fine.
>

> screenshot:
> http://homepage.mac.com/evildrbob/.cv/evildrbob/Public/colors.pdf-binhex.hqx

Unfortunately, binhex.hqx is impossible to read on most Linux/Unix
systems.

Peter