[Scribus] business cards

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Sep 16 05:25:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 10:21, Scott Chapman wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2003 23:17, Linus Gasser wrote:
> > On Friday 12 September 2003 09:25, ephemeron wrote:
> > > The main application of this feature is the production of labels
> > > and as a side benefit, business cards.  To produce a printout of,
> > > say, twenty business cards all you need is to lay out one card.
> > > At print time you can then specify that you want to print out two
> > > sheets (2 sheets x 10 cards per page).
> > >
> > > Would it be possible to have a similar feature in Scribus?
> >
> > Yes, please, include this into scribus. This is something I tried to
> > describe half a year ago and nobody understood me :( So now perhaps it's
> > more clear...
>
> I like the way PageMaker allows me to do copy and multiple paste.  I used that
> constantly in production to make it so I lay up one business card, then copy
> and paste at X copies at Y distance down and then copy those and paste it in
> as X copies at Y distance over.  Very effective for labels and lots of other
> stuff also.
>
> Scott

You can do the same in Scribus with Multiple Copy Paste. Works really
well.

But before you do a multiple copy paste, get the python script here:
http://www.yeccoe.org/IMG/gz/trait_de_coupe.py.gz

Trait de coupe means cut marks. Run this first and then multiple copy
paste and all the cards will have the cut marks properly set.

There is also a template Yves made here:
http://www.yeccoe.org/IMG/gz/gabarit_carte_visite.tar.gz which is for A4
business cards.

Hope that helps,
Peter