[Scribus] What is the best way to create a booklet?

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Mon Sep 15 19:25:06 CEST 2003

I'm ready to jump into producing our show program.  It will be a
booklet of letter size
paper, folded in half.  In the past, I made a document of landscape
letter pages with two
booklet pages on each word processor page.  I ordered the content
such that printing the
document out double sided and folded in half would give the desired
effect.  (If that doesn't
make your head spin, I don't know what will :~)

My question is, what is the best way to create this document in
scribus.  I want to hand
the printer a PDF which will come out correctly when printed double
sided and folded in half.
Do I make my page size in scribus be a booklet page (half-letter) and
combine booklet pages
into physical pages later or should my page size be the size of the
paper it will be printed on
(letter) with the content of two booklet pages on it?   If my scribus
page should be a booklet page,
do I order them 1,2,3 or do I have to order them 1,8,7,2,... so they
will be in the right
order when printed out and folded.

   I am on Mac OS 10.2 with Apple X11 Beta 3 and Scribus 1.1.0.

Carol Kankelborg                           | Scientists define what is;
                                                       |engineers
create what never has been.

Theodore von Karman