[Scribus] Novice Enthusiasm

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Sat Sep 13 13:41:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Saturday 13 September 2003 11:00 am, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
wrote:

> It's amazing how often I get "print-ready" ads in MS Word format. Our
> accepted formats list EXPLICTLY forbids MS Word and MS Publisher for
> graphics & complete ads.... but why would they read something like that?

I have to deal with Ads set in word on a regular basis.  What I tend to do is
"print" the page to a postscript file, and then run it through Ghostscript to
turn it into a graphic.

> Anyway, everybody knows that EVERYBODY uses MS Publisher, unless of
> course they use Word for all their DTP and printing needs. *sigh*.

At work we now refuse to send any MS Publisher files away for imagesetting
after the film for one seemingly perfectly valid set of files came back with
all the lower case "e"s missing :^O

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

It's hard to detect good luck, it looks so much like something you've earned.