[Scribus] Document Setup doesnt affect document history

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Sep 10 15:43:31 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 09:22, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Was there any decision made about PDF colour output? There was a
> discussion recently about how output looked less colourful than the
> original. I am looking at my Scribus file and the resulting PDF on the
> screen at the same time and the PDF is duller.
>
> Craig

This is an issue I have discussed with Franz. When you export a PDF with
the "printer" destination, Scribus - rightly - applies CGR ( Gray
Component Removal) to balance the colors in the conversion from RGB to
CMYK.

This is a complicated issue to solve without creating printer dialog
boxes from hell.

Note also Acrobat Reader does some color adjustments in CMYK to RGB for
the on screen display which mutes colors sometimes. The way to get
accurate on screen CMYK colors in the "printer" mode of PDF export is to
apply profiles when exporting the PDF.

Unless you are printing to a real CMYK printer, use can the Screen
method and then print from Acrobat reader to your inkjet using kprinter
(preferably).

Although many common ink-jet printers use CMY and K inks, the drivers
internally expect RGB data.

Hope that helps,
Peter