[Scribus] Re: Item names not being saved (solution found?)

Keith Lancaster klancast
Wed Sep 10 02:14:44 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 22:45, Keith Lancaster wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 00:07, Keith Lancaster wrote:
> > Apologies if this has been discussed previously.
> >
> > I created a page with a number of text frames. After creating the text
> > frames, I edited each one to give it a name, i.e., changed "Item1" to
> > "problem_text", etc. After saving the file and reopening it, I found
> > that the new names had not been saved. They had reverted to the earlier
> > "Itemx" names. Is there a fix for this problem, or am I doing something
> > incorrectly?
>
> After looking into it a bit, I found the following in page.cpp:
>
> if ((Buffer->AnName != "") && (!drag) && (b->isAnnotation))
> 		b->AnName = Buffer->AnName;
>
> The name of the item was correctly being saved, but do to the
> isAnnotation requirement above, the name was not set for the item when
> the page was loaded from the file.
>
> If I simply comment out the isAnnotation section, the code works
> correctly. I have just begun looking through the code, so I am not
> certain what the real significance of the isAnnotation requirement is,
> but removing the check allows the item names to be recalled.
>
> Keith

Have not gotten a response on this. Two questions: (1)is commenting this
code out to change the logic going to create problems elsewhere, and (2)
what is the policy on contributing to Scribus code? I am now building
from cvs.

Keith
--
Keith Lancaster <klancast at swbell.net>