[Scribus] Tutorial-PDF online

Jacek Kijewski jacek
Tue Sep 2 13:03:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-1] ma han wrote:

> > I think many thing are not
> > implemented yet and some
> > are not working (especially enlarging font size in a
> > selection's of text
> > in a frame)... so perhaps it would be better to wait
> > a while.
>
> Jacek,
> perhaps you might want to have a look at Peter's
> "Scribus Handbook Online"
> http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/index.html

heh. I've read this. Perhaps I cannot explain what is exactly the problem:
when I have a text frame -> import text and I need some words to be in
bold or italic, I can select those fragments and apply another font or
size, ok. But linespacing is not changed, so the text look awfull.
Especially when setting larger fonts.

I did not found any solution or workaround.

(Perhaps in Polish would be eazier: jezeli chce przeformatowac tylko czesc
tekstu wewnatrz ramki tekstowej, to dzieja sie cuda. Zwlaszcza interlinie
sie kaszania. W dodatku nie ma prostego sposobu na robienie tytulow
inaczej, niz kazdego tytulu recznie, bardzo brakuje tutaj importu
otagowanego tekstu, ale to juz inna sprawa i dlatego pytalem o wishlist).

Perhaps I am wrong. I am quite new to Scribus (I installed it few months
ago, found it not usefull, and now I am back), so I am trying to
understand some ideas and Scribus architecture.

--
***********Jacek Kijewski, jacek at sail-ho.pl z odwiecznym (since 1995) mottem: *
"Kazda  dostatecznie rozwinieta technologia niczym