[Scribus] speed improvements?

Paul paul
Fri Oct 31 22:57:10 CET 2003

Hi,

> what should I be lloking out for in concerns of speed improvements?

Faster loading, rendering, movement, flow and a pile of other things.
There are more to come as well - a lot more.

Scribus 1.1.2 is far faster than 1.0.1 (by miles) and considerably
faster than 1.1.0.

Many hours of work has gone into the optimisations in 1.1.2, quite a few
sleepless nights and more than enough "this should only take 5 minutes
to do" jobs which sneek the average time for bed to about 3 - 3.45am!

As Franz has said, the 1.1.2 release no longer supports gcc < 3, the
reason is simple - if I had to do the opimisations under 2.95, the code
would have increased in size and would probably have run at the same
speed or slower!

Download 1.1.2 now, compile and enjoy :-)

TTFN

Paul
--
One OS to fool them all