[Scribus] Please have version number as part of documentation filename

Jeremy C. Reed reed
Wed Oct 29 22:19:40 CET 2003

I am building a pkgsrc entry for scribus documentation.

It will use the English.

I will probably call the package "scribus-doc" or "scribus-docs".

The filename is scribus-i18n-en. The name doesn't include any version
information.

This causes two problems:

1) users don't know if documentation is same as version of scribus they
are running.

2) file checksums change if file is updated. (Automated build systems use
pre-recorded checksums to make sure that the download has not been
compromised.)

Please consider adding a version identifier to the actual documentation
file names.

As far as I can tell, the version from the mirrors is 1.0 (according to
docs/en/index.html and 14-Jul-2003 date of file).

Maybe name it as scribus-i18n-en-1.0.tar.gz and have a symlink of
scribus-i18n-en.tar.gz to the real version.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/

p.s. For those who use pkgsrc to install software, it now contains
scribus-1.1.1.