[Scribus] Introduction

Paul paul
Wed Oct 29 21:02:09 CET 2003

Hi,

> I'm currently using version 1.0.1 as packaged for Debian
> on a notebook with a mobile pentium 2 at 333MHz.  I will
> try out version 1.1.1 as soon as I can.
>
> First question.  How fast a processor and how much memory is
> recommended to use Scribus for significant documents?

I would get hold of the latest version from either anoncvs or as the
tarball on the scribus.org.uk website and compile - it is massively
better than 1.0.1

You didn't mention which distro you're using - some are better than
others.

A P2 333 should be fine with vsn 1.1.2 as it has a pretty low overhead.
Memory wise, 64Mb should be okay. A bit slow, but okay. The monster I
have here is a 2.7GHz P4 with just under 1Gb memory and mega-stonk
graphics card. Nice if you can get one...

TTFN

Paul
Scribus developer

--