[Scribus] text formatting (bullet lists, special characters, subscripts) suggestions...

Alex. malex
Wed Oct 29 14:54:15 CET 2003

* Peter Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> [2003-10-28 21:48:14 -0500]:

> On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 15:33, Andrew Morrison wrote:
> > I've done some searching through the documents and mail list archives,
> > but have yet to come across a great answer for my question, so forgive
> > me if I missed something really obvious.
> >
> > I was wondering what is the preferred method for handling text with a
> > lot of special formatting in it?  For example, I am working on the
> > layout of a newsletter published by a group of scientists.  Normally,
> > the articles are only text and images, and the layout is
> > straightforward.  However, I have an article which includes a lot of
> > special characters, bulleted lists, subscripts, superscripts and
> > mathematical formulas.   Obviously, importing the text in the normal way
> > would require a lot of formatting to be done.   So, I've been playing
> > around with the eps import.  This is fine, if the text is short, but
> > what if the article goes over several pages?  Or if it needs to start in
> > the middle of the first page?  And accommodating multiple columns seems
> > to be tricky as well...
> >
> > Is there a preferred method for handling this type of text?
>
> The missing info is what app is creating the  math formulas ? That is
> the key to answering your question.
>
> Peter

Peter,

How about something maybe "simplier" - bullets, special characters, and
sub/super-scripts. Wouldn't those be within the font realm? A lot of
people in science would be very interested in those, even if they don't
use formulae.

Regards,

Alex.