[Scribus] None

Paul paul
Wed Oct 29 08:32:36 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 04:45, Peter Linnell wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 23:15, Scott Phipps wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestions Peter, however, I still get the error after I
> > deleted my Scribus directory and did a fresh check out.  Perhaps it's
> > because of I'm using redhat's qt from Fedora Core (qt-3.1.2-14).
>
> Probably. Did you rebuild this from a SRPM ? Knowing what is going into
> Fedora this is probably not a good idea.

Fedora is a damned sight better in a lot of ways than RH9. I'm yet to
have a problem

> Paul Johnson has severn and RH9 as main devel platforms. He builds Qt
> from source.

I have found one or two niggles with Qt under Fedora, but nothing which
should annoy Scribus (mainly as the it's a couple of SQL methods)

> There are KDE 3.1.4 packages with compatible Qt built from RH on the KDE
> ftp site and mirrors for RH9. These are built by RH, but not added to
> up2date or errata like they used to do with RH7.x

IIRC, none of the 7.x branch is supported now and RH recommend people
move to RH9.

TTFN

Paul

--