[Scribus] text formatting (bullet lists, special characters, subscripts) suggestions...

Andrew Morrison morrison
Tue Oct 28 21:33:47 CET 2003

I've done some searching through the documents and mail list archives,
but have yet to come across a great answer for my question, so forgive
me if I missed something really obvious.

I was wondering what is the preferred method for handling text with a
lot of special formatting in it?  For example, I am working on the
layout of a newsletter published by a group of scientists.  Normally,
the articles are only text and images, and the layout is
straightforward.  However, I have an article which includes a lot of
special characters, bulleted lists, subscripts, superscripts and
mathematical formulas.   Obviously, importing the text in the normal way
would require a lot of formatting to be done.   So, I've been playing
around with the eps import.  This is fine, if the text is short, but
what if the article goes over several pages?  Or if it needs to start in
the middle of the first page?  And accommodating multiple columns seems
to be tricky as well...

Is there a preferred method for handling this type of text?

Thanks!

--
Andrew Morrison <morrison at physics.niu.edu>