[Scribus] Convert to outlines

bulk at katskave.com bulk
Tue Oct 28 01:18:42 CET 2003

Since we seem to be trying to figure out when this occurs, I tried it
for the first time on my mac - installed via fink.  I have Qt version
3.2.1 and Scribus version 1.1.1 Build-ID 04.  October 2003 C-C-T

At first it appeared that the whole text box disappeared, but by
clicking the area, I was able to get it to reappear.  Instead of
letters I have boxes outlined in dotted green lines around the space
that each individual letter should take up.  I figured "convert to
outline" means the outside of the letter - not the outside of the space
that the glyphs are placed in.  I'm not experiencing it working
correctly on *any* letter - not even the last one.  Oddly enough, while
clicking around, I was able to right click and select "convert to text
box".  After I did that, the last letter (only) had a black dotted
outline.  The properties box no longer allows me to do anything - it's
all grayed out.  Selecting anything else still causes the whole box to
disappear, but if I click around in the vicinity and manage to hit it,
it will reappear.  When I right click and copy, then paste, I get
filled black boxes, and the option to change to a text box comes back.
Selecting it produces no change other than option to change to a text
box goes away.  I was able to "ungroup" the original, but all the boxes
turned "invisible", even though I could still get lucky and select them
and change their size and shape.  After I did that I could use the
properties box.  After all this, Scribus died on me, although I wasn't
running it in a debugger so I don't know why it died.  If what I said
doesn't make any sense, I can take some screen shots.

After doing all this I remembered the problems with text colors, and
exported to PDF.  All that showed up was the copy with the filled black
boxes.

I'm going to try to run some more tests while running the debugger, but
I might not have time for a few days, so I figured I would at least
post what I tried so far.

let me know if I'm just wasting bandwidth.

-- mary