[Scribus] Scribus for sale!

Patrick magicpage91
Thu Oct 23 21:22:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:31:25 -0400
Magic Page <magicpage91 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well, I know where the text flows selection is and I see where you can
> set the distance.  Is that suppose to take the place of how you want
> the text to run around the object?
> ---------------------------
>
> >>I am using 1.1.2cvs from 5 Oct.
> >>

> >Is 5/10 the latest version on the anoncvs server? I'm using 20/10 and
> >it's a happy bunny
> >
> >TTFN
> >
> >Paul
> >

> ***************
> I have not checked recently to see what is available.  I will
> certainly compile again, if it will remedy some of these
> problems/bugs/aggravations.  ;o)
>
> Patrick
====================

Ok, I am compiling the latest CVS right now in hopes that some of these
problems will disappear.  I had the chance to test the 1.1.1 version on
a customer's computer in the meantime, only to find that you could
"modify" lines the same as any other object.  It allowed me to turn off
"text flow" and thus allow the text not to be upset in the text box.
When all those things got moved to the Properties tool, somehow the
ability to work with just lines got lost.  Text flow around objects is
set as the default though, so we just need a way to turn it off.

I still experienced the problem of bringing things to the front or
sending them back and adding text to a text box upsets the the natural
order of things in selecting objects.  My tests and experiments
continue.  Expect further results from the newly compiled Scribus.  Ya
gotta use it to find them bugs, so let's have another pint and use it
some more!  ;o)

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---