[Scribus] Scribus for sale!

Magic Page magicpage91
Thu Oct 23 14:31:25 CEST 2003

Paul wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>Here is my story.  I laid out my default page in Letter size, landscape
>>mode.  Created 3 text boxes.  Wanted them to be outlined, but it still
>>seems you have to draw another box shape over those to get that?
>>

>Nope. Create the text box, select the line colour (default is none) and
>away you go. The line colour is under colours on
>***************

Ok, I knew there was talk of this before and it works great!  One
problem gone, getting happy now!  I am usually making it a habit to
start with the Properties tool open when I start a project.  Ok,
outlines around drawn boxes resolved.  :o)
--------------------------
[...]

>>I drew a small box in the next text box, to use for say a checkmark, but
>>again, if I missed the box, the text box would come to the front, send
>>to the back, click outside, go back the little box.  I noticed that if I
>>double clicked the little box, it would come to the front and activate.
>>Tried this in the first text box with the lines and it would change my
>>object/move tool to a text tool!!  Arrrggghhh!
>>

>I couldn't replicate this.
>=====================

Ok, tried this again and it still does the same thing.  Created the
lines first, this time, before entering any text and it still moves the
text around if you adjust the lines.  Also, when trying
to go back to that text box, if you immediately select a line, it
activates a line, but the second you select the text box, no lines are
available, except to send it to the back, click outside the
box, go back and select line/s.  If you try the double click thing on a
line like the small box, the object tool turns into the text tool.  I
just tested putting some text into the second text box with the small
checkmark box and it too behaves as the lines.  Try double clicking on
the small box and your object tool turns to the text tool.  You have to
then send the large box to the back, click outside the box, select the
little box.  Why are not the objects sent to the back staying in the
back?  Why does adding text to item change the behavior of that item?

So, it seems that drawing a line or box affects text, yet you can't turn
off text flow on lines, but you can on other drawn objects.  You also
can't adjust the direction of text flow, on a drawn
object, nor can you adjust the distance of text with text flow on a
drawn object.
-------------------------

>>Is text run around default on the drawn objects?
>>

>No. It certainly isn't here.
>=====================

It certainly seems to be the default in the version of Scribus I am
using.  I can send the file, so you might try it on the version you are
using.  Maybe a screen shot would work as well?
-------------------------------

>>Why or where did the
>>option to change that go?
>>

>It didn't - something must be sending it to the back on your system.
>======================

Well, I know where the text flows selection is and I see where you can
set the distance.  Is that suppose to take the place of how you want the
text to run around the object?
---------------------------

>>I am using 1.1.2cvs from 5 Oct.
>>

>Is 5/10 the latest version on the anoncvs server? I'm using 20/10 and
>it's a happy bunny
>
>TTFN
>
>Paul

I have not checked recently to see what is available.  I will certainly
compile again, if it will remedy some of these
problems/bugs/aggravations.  ;o)

Patrick

--
           ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---