[Scribus] PDF forms with Scribus

MaHan ma_han2000
Tue Oct 21 11:47:54 CEST 2003

 --- Peter Linnell
<scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> schrieb: > On

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5186AcroJS.pdf

http://www.suse.com/en/private/products/suse_linux/i386/graphics.html
> :-))
> >
> > best regards
> > Maciej

> Hello  Maciej,
>
> That looks to me like valid scripting from what I
> know of Acrobat
> fields. Mind you it is up to the Reader to interpret
> this correctly.
>
> Could you send a PDF page with this example? Note:
> issues like this is
> where we find bugs in Acro Reader Linux where they
> work properly in
> MacOS or Win32.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter, hi everybody,
I discovered a rather funny thing today while looking
into a Scribus-made PDF form with Acrobat. First I
created with Scribus a form with 2 fields and set
their values in Field Properties -> Calculate ->
Custom Script. Then I exported it to PDF. As many
times before, after opening it with Acrobat Reader the
fields were empty. Then I reopened the Scribus-made
PDF form with Acrobat 5 and checked the scripts in
Acrobat's Field Properties -> Calculate. I couldn't
see any difference apart that there was a square
instead of a line break in the 2nd field's JavaScript.
Then (in Acrobat) I simply cut out the 1st field's
script, inserted the same script again to where it had
been before and saved the changes. After opening it
with Acrobat Reader the fields weren't empty any
more!!!

Scribus file:
http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_scribus_calculate.sla.gz

Scribus PDF form:
http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_calculate_scribus.pdf

The same Scribus PDF form after the Acrobat
"treatment", which I described before:
http://linux.hanski.info/static/form_with_default_value_calculate_scribus_acr.pdf

Best regards
Maciej