[Scribus] Qt 3.2.2

Paul paul
Sun Oct 19 00:20:29 CEST 2003

Hi.

> Paul(?), did you build qt322 as per the instructions on
> their site? I'd like to have a go. I have SuSE 8.2 and
> Scribus111. Would it be a case of uninstalling their rpm
> and going with the install instructions? I don't want to
> break KDE though. Any advice?

Get hold of either tarball from the Trolltech website
Dearchive. It will create a directory called qt-x11-free-3.2.2
If you want it to be system wide (and assuming you're using bash), you
need to edit /etc/bashrc to include the following lines

QTDIR = /usr/local/qt
PATH = $QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH = $QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you're only doing it locally (i.e. for just you), edit the .bashrc
file in your home area with the same as above.

Login as su

mv qt-x11-free-3.2.2 /usr/local/qt
cd /usr/local/qt
./configure -thread -fast
make
gmake

And that's it.

WARNING : It takes ages!!!!!

It won't (or shouldn't) break anything and if it does, you only need to
edit out the bits added to /etc/bashrc or .bashrc and you're back to
normal.

TTFN

Paul

--