[Scribus] undefined symbol

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat Oct 18 03:46:41 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 21:32, Rohan wrote:
> Hello,
> my name is Rohan
> I am new to scribus today and get the following error message when
> starting it from the command line.
>
> /opt/kde3/bin/scribus: relocation error: /opt/kde3/bin/scribus:
> undefined symbol: __ti7QWidget
>
> I am using RedHat 8 and the scribus rpms available at rpmfind
> I have tried scribus-0.9.5-1.i386.rpm and scribus-1.0-1.i386.rpm and get
> the same message. I have searched the archive for an answer but didn't
> find it, if someone can give me the answer or a link to the answer in
> the archive if I missed it, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Rohan

You would be much better served by compiling 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 from source.
There is a huge leap in performance and rendering quality with 1.1.x.
There are very complete instructions in the documentation about building
Scribus from source for first time compiling, based on using Red Hat.
www.scribus.org.uk and look on the documentation topics page for
compiling for the first time.

If packages are a must get 1.0.1 from here:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/scribus/ These are built by an
experienced rpm packager.

If the dag rpm complains about missing packages, install them.

/opt/kde3/bin/scribus is a weird place for a RH package and I suspect it
was meant for Suse or Mandrake.

Hope that helps,
Peter