[Scribus] installing icons, dicts to share (datadir) directory

Jeremy C. Reed reed
Thu Oct 16 09:49:26 CEST 2003

I saw with scribus 1.0.1 and 1.1.1 that many icons, dicts, and .qm files
were installed under a "lib/" directory.

For example, the icons Makefile has:
$(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/lib/scribus/icons/

Can you consider taking advantage of the --datadir in the ./configure
script and $(datadir) in the Makefiles?

Also, the code would have to be modified to know where to look
for these. For example, scribus/helpbrowser.cpp, scribus/hyphenator.cpp,
scribus/main.cpp, scribus/scfonts.cpp, scribus/scribus.cpp,
scribus/scribuswin.cpp, scribus/util.cpp, scribus/libpdf/pdflib.cpp and
maybe other files have hard-coded use of "/lib/".

I can provide patches if this will be accepted. Please let me know.

Please let me know if there is a better list to discuss developing scribus
at. Thank you.

This would be useful for packaging scribus so I don't provide packages
that have non-library files under the libraries directories.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. I am a pkgsrc developer. I develop specifications for pkgsrc which is
used on several Unix platforms, like BSD/OS, Linux, AIX, IRIX, OpenBSD,
NetBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS X, Darwin OS, Solaris and more. The pkgsrc is used
to automatically fetch code, patch, configure, build, and install from
source. It can also create ready-to-use binary packages. It is a
categorized collection of thousands of applications. I use it to build all
software for my own Linux distribution. I am working on updating scribus
in pkgsrc. I need to package the documentation too.