[Scribus] hyphenation not updated at delete

Koblinger Egmont egmont
Sun Oct 12 13:18:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've enabled "Check during Typing" for hyphenation. As long as I type
the text without making a mistake, everything is correct. If I remove a
letter with backspace or delete, or insert a letter in the middle of the
word, the hyphenation is not updated.

Example: Choose Hungarian hyphenation. In Hungarian the basic rule is that
each syllable gets one vowel, and whenever there are N adjacent
consonants, N-1 of them goes in front of the hyphenation point and 1 goes
to the next syllable. E.g. monst-rum. The word "megint" is an exception,
it has two completely different meanings, one is a simple word hence it is
"me-gint", the other meaning is composed of two words: "meg" and "int" and
hence it is to be hyphened as "meg-int". Wisely, hyphening this word is
disabled in the rules scribus uses.

Type "megin", it is hyphenated as "me-gin", okay. Type a "t" at the end,
the hyphenation point disappears. So far it is perfect.

Remove the "t" from the end, the hyphenation point is not put back.

Now type "megit", it is hyphenated as "me-git", okay. Notice that we've
missed the letter "n" so insert it before "t", the word becomes "me-gint",
the hyphenation point should disappear but it doesn't.

(Tested with 1.1.0 and 1.1.1.)

bye,
Egmont