[Scribus] Improvements to V 1.1.1

Sunil Joshi pavansut
Sat Oct 11 08:50:52 CEST 2003

Franz:
Thank you for your hard work on Scribus.  You have been trying to give
people what they want and i appreciate that very much.  The font
rendering in v 1.1.1 is excellent.  However, the loss of several
functionalities in the text box are worrisome!!

For example, as Bill and I have noticed, it is now not possible to
change the font color and shade by making a change in the text box
properties.  Besides that, I really miss the ability to change the other
text box properties in individual text boxes.  For example, the ability
to control the space between the margin and the text itself is also
gone.  In the next version, please bring back the ability to control
properties of text box, and the image box back.  These are critical
features.  Eventually, it would be nice if we could also select more
colors than the basic colors provided currently.

Again, I am not alone in saying that Scribus is a great addition to open
source software, so a big THANK YOU to you and Peter and others who are
helping out with this project.  I, unfortulately, am not a code writer,
so can't help more than just being a critic of your work!  Sorry about that!

Sunil